Thanks for stopping by the website of the
Anderson Betterment Club
of Anderson, Missouri, USA.
ANDERSON BERRY-Q FESTIVAL!
Anderson's first ever festival celebrating our community's rich heritage in the strawberry industry! We're teaming up with McDonald County Chamber's Smoke on the Water BBQ Cookoff to bring a day long festival to the streets of Anderson. Look at all we're planning:
- SATURDAY, MAY 11TH, 2013
- 9:00 am – BERRY-Q STREET FAIR – Arts & Crafts booths, food vendors, non profit groups & retail merchants set up all along Main Street. It's Mother's Day Weekend and McDonald County High's Graduation Weekend. Come down and get some unique gifts for Mom or the Graduate!
- 9:30 am- DONUT EATING CONTEST – Brought to you by your friends at Poppy's Daylight Donuts. Just how fast can you eat your donuts???Click HERE for rules and an application!
- 10:00 am – LITTLE MISS STRAWBERRY PAGEANT - At the stage on Main Street. Click HERE for rules and application.
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm - MICHELLE MCBRIDE IN CONCERT!
Come out and jam to the sounds of Branson based recording artist Michelle McBride and her band. At the sound stage on the east side of the tracks on Main.
Brought to you by your friends at Ozark Funeral Homes.
- 2:00 pm – McDonald County Chamber's Smoke on the Water BBQ contest- More vendors and musical entertainment starts at Town Hole Park as the contest heats up.
- 3:30 pm - Head down to Town Hole Park for some tasty BBQ and see which cooker takes the top honors.$5 a plate!
- 4:30 pm- Duck race at Indian Creek. Buy a duck for $5 and get in the race for $200 cash and other great prizes!
Come downtown Main Street Anderson and be a part of history as we kick off what we hope is an annual event that brings our community together for some great shopping, good food and fun entertainment.
If you're an arts and crafts, retail vendor or non profit organization looking to fund raise, we'd love to have you participate with us! Please click HERE for a vendor application for the Berry-Q Festival on Main Street.
The McDonald County Chamber's Smoke on the Water BBQ Contest is offering informational booth spaces for other local businesses and non profits at Town Hole Park. Click HERE for that application.
What is the Anderson Betterment Club????
The Anderson Betterment Club was founded in 2009 as a non-profit organization dedicated to improving and promoting the Anderson community. Its membership is open to any citizen of Anderson and the surrounding area. Yearly dues are $40 per business or $25 per individual. Check out our "Join Us" link a the top of the page for more info.
ABC Needs You!
For other items, our Calendar page lists some of the events we're working on. Be sure to check it out!
Our meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Anderson City Hall Train depot. All are welcome to attend.
If you would like to join us in making Anderson a better place to live, work and play, please let us know by using the form on the Contact Us page.