Thanks for stopping by the website of the
Anderson Betterment Club
of Anderson, MO, USA.
If you’re not familiar with us, we’re a group of business owners and residents who are doing things to make Anderson a better place to live, work & play.
Some of our projects and events are as follows:
- Playground Project – An effort to buy and install new playground equipment for all city parks.
- Berry Festival Celebration – An annual arts & crafts street fair on Mother’s Day weekend, including a popular 5k run, that celebrates the history of the strawberry industry in Anderson.
- Movies in the Park – During the summer months, we show a free movie outside in Town Hole Park.
- Meet Me Downtown Homecoming Street Fair & Parade – We work with the Booster Club to host a street fair & parade in the fall around football homecoming.
- Winterfest Celebrations – Anderson’s annual Holiday celebrations including a 5k run, a parade & street fair. Around the week of Thanksgiving
- Economic Development Planning – Working with the city to come up with ways to spur growth for new and exisiting businesses in Anderson.
We invite you to join us in our efforts in building a better community.
For just $40 a year, you get a chance to be a part of this thriving club. Your business will also be listed on our website so that people can find you on the web and in town.
If you have more questions, feel free to call Ken Schutten at 417 214 3455 or Crystal Sherman at 417 845 3395.
The Anderson Betterment Club. Making Anderson a better place to live, work & play!
Anderson’s Visioning Process is in the books! And it’s here! We have an electronic copy you can pull up on your home computer, laptop or tablet and spend time looking at the ideas that are in it. Just click the link below to open the pdf copy.FINAL DOCUMENT
Some great ideas are emerging from this process. We want to thank the team from Drury and the UM Extension folks for working with us in developing our vision plans for the future!
One of the ideas developing is a beautification of Main Street, including landscaping and even “street canopies”! Below we’ve assembled some images from different places to show the possibilities of what could be…
There are many more ideas in this plan that we are looking at implementing.
So what’s next? Throughout this year, we’ll be gathering to review the plans and start to prioritize the ideas as we try to make some of these ideas a reality.
If you have any questions about the plans, or would like to be involved in the future of this process, please drop us a note at email@example.com.
Looking for more information about the City of Anderson?
Check out the City’s official website at www.andersonmo.us.
From your city council member’s phone numbers to city code information. It’s all there. Even some neat history about Anderson.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Anderson Betterment Club????
The Anderson Betterment Club was founded in 2010 as a non-profit organization dedicated to improving and promoting the Anderson community. Its membership is open to any citizen of Anderson and the surrounding area. Meetings are usually on the second Thursday of the month in the Anderson City Hall Train Depot at noon. Yearly dues are $40 per business or $25 per individual. Check out our “Join Us” link a the top of the page for more info.
For other events, please visit our Calendar page.